Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chinese New Year Lantern - Another folding method for flower ball

This is further to my video on "How to Make A Flower Ball Chinese New Year Lantern" and my previous post on "How to fold a Spherical Flower Ball Chinese New Year lantern".

Sometimes you might not get red packets that have patterns printed on both sides, and the spherical flower ball you made with ordinary red packets did not look as colourful as mine in the picture of my previous post. Here's another method to fold the edges to make your flower ball looks outstanding that gives you a 3-dimensional feel.

See the pictures below, you can fold the edges to form various 5 petals flower ribbons on it.



This is a close up of how I fold the edges. Exercise little patience to fold the edges. You may use double side sticky tape to hold as you fold.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Thank you so much for teaching how to make these beautiful Chinese lanterns. They are so amazing.

    I discovered how to make these by accident going through youtube and have found my new hobby.

    Could you please share the source of your paper supplier? I surfed the internet for red envelopes suppliers. However, they don't have as beautiful envelopes as yours?

    Thanks

    Khanh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Khanh, thank you for your comment.

    I believe you would enjoy making these red packets lantern as much as I do.

    I got my red envelopes mostly from shops in Chinatown. Perhaps you can get these red envelopes in the Chinatown at your city.

    ReplyDelete